Our website address is: http://2497.sqn.ac.
2497 (Cosford) Squadron Air Training Corps are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are the data controller and we will process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and national laws which relate to the processing of personal data. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- VISITORS TO OUR WEBSITE
2.1 We may collect and process personal data about you in the following circumstances:
2.1.1 when you complete forms on our website (“Site”). This includes your name, address, email and telephone number, which is provided at the time of registering interest to join us as a cadet, adult volunteer or committee; or to use our Site, where you ask us to contact you about our services, subscribe to our mailing list, or request our services;
2.1.2 whenever you provide information to us when reporting a problem with our Site, making a complaint, making an enquiry or contacting us for any other reason. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
2.1.3 details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access and
2.1.4 whenever you disclose your information to us, or we collect information from you in any other way, through our Site.
2.2 We may also collect data in the following ways:
2.2.1 We may collect information about your device, including where available your Internet Protocol address, for reasons of fraud protection. We may also collect information about your device’s operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
2.3 We may use your personal data for our legitimate interests in order to:
2.3.1 provide you with information, or services that you requested from us;
2.3.2 allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site, when you choose to do so;
2.3.3 ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
2.3.4 improve our Site and services;
2.3.5 process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by you; and
2.3.6 contact you for marketing purposes where you have signed up for these (see section 3 for further details).
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. Please note that if you follow a link to any of these websites, such websites will apply different terms to the collection and privacy of your personal data and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. When you leave our Site, we encourage you to read the privacy notice/policy of every website you visit.
3.1 In addition to the uses described in section 2 above, where you indicate you would like to receive marketing correspondence from us, subscribe to our mailing lists or newsletters, we may use your personal data for our legitimate interests in order to provide you with details about our services, squadron updates and events, which we think may be of interest.
3.2 You have the right to opt-out of receiving the information detailed in section 6.1 at any time. To opt-out of receiving such information you can:
3.2.2 clicking the unsubscribe button contained in any such communication received; or
3.2.3 email us at firstname.lastname@example.org providing us with your name and contact details.
3.3 Where you have subscribed to receive marketing correspondence from us we will keep personal data 10 years from when you last interacted with us.
- LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
4.1 We will only use your personal data where the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
4.1.1 for performance of a contract we enter into with you;
4.1.2 where necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation we are subject to;
4.1.3 where necessary to protect your vital interests; and
4.1.4 for our legitimate interests (as described within this policy) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override these interests.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
5.1 We may disclose your information to third parties for our following legitimate interests as follows:
5.1.1 to staff members in order to facilitate the provision of services to you;
5.1.2 to our affiliated entities to support internal administration;
5.1.3 IT software providers that host our website and store data on our behalf;
5.1.4 professional advisers including consultants, lawyers, bankers and insurers who provide us with consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services;
5.2 We may disclose personal data to the police, regulatory bodies, legal advisors or similar third parties where we are under a legal duty to disclose or share personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our website terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others.
5.3 We will not sell or distribute personal data to other organisations without your approval.
- DATA SECURITY
6.1 Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
6.2 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
6.3 Information you provide to us is shared on our secure servers. In addition, we limit access to personal data to those staff, and third parties that have a legitimate business need for such access.
- ACCESS TO, UPDATING, DELETING AND RESTRICTING USE OF PERSONAL DATA
7.1 It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if the personal data we hold about you changes.
7.2 Data protection legislation gives you the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances or withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data where this has been provided. You also have the right to access information held about you and for this to be provided in an intelligible form. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to email@example.com. In certain circumstances we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
7.3 You can also ask us to undertake the following:
7.3.1 update or amend your personal data if you feel this is inaccurate;
7.3.2 remove your personal data from our database entirely;
7.3.3 send you copies of your personal data in a commonly used format and transfer your information to another entity where you have supplied this to us, and we process this electronically with your consent or where necessary for the performance of a contract; or
7.3.4 restrict the use of your personal data.
7.4 We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal data that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Data protection legislation may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all the personal data that we hold about you or to comply with any requests made in accordance with your rights referred to above. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal data, or process any other request we receive, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
7.5 Please send any requests relating to the above to us on firstname.lastname@example.org specifying your name and the action you would like us to undertake.
7.6 For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide when they sign up in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. When a user (cadet, staff member, parent/guardian of a cadet, Civilian Welfare Committee member leaves the squadron, their account is deleted.
- RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data, you have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, please contact us at email@example.com
- CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this policy or how we use your personal data please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is in addition to your right to contact the Information Commissioners Office if you are unsatisfied with our response to any issues you raise at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
RAFAC PRIVACY NOTICE – CADET
To effectively administer and manage the RAFAC we need to gather and process your personal data. We do this in accordance with the regulations contained within the DPA 2018 which incorporates the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). At all times, we set out to ensure that we hold the minimum amount of your personal data necessary to administer the RAFAC, that your data is held securely and that your data is deleted as soon as we do not have a need to retain it.
Contact Details of MOD’s Data Protection Officer and Data Protection Advisor:
Data Protection Officer: SO1 Information Policy
Address: Room 25 Gauntlet Block, RAF High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP14 4UE
Telephone: 01494 497990
Data Protection Advisor: SOI Policy and Plans, Mr Geoff Hewett
Address: HQ RAFAC, RAF Cranwell, Sleaford, Lincolnshire, NG34 8HB
Telephone: 01400 267288
- What categories of information do you collect and process?
- Personal information such as name, address and date of birth.
- Assessment information such as cadet classification etc.
- Medical information, only on consent forms where relevant to a specific activity.
- Why are you processing my personal information?
- Your personal data is being collected and processed to administer and manage the RAFAC.
- This processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by MOD as data controller.
- The DPA 2018 basis for the processing of your personal data is Public Task.
- Where do you get my personal data from?
- We gather your personal data from both paper and electronic application forms which you complete as part of the RAFAC administrative and management processes.
- Do you share my personal data with anyone else?
- RAFAC will not share your personal information with anyone else. Statistical information may be derived from your personal data and this statistical data may be shared with third parties but it will not contain any identifiable personal information. The exception to this rule is if educational credentials are required to be shared with awarding bodies who are a trusted source, for the provision of a qualification.
- We may share information when there is an issue that puts the safety of cadets or staff at risk or with law enforcement and government authorities where we are legally required to do so
- Do you transfer my personal data to other countries?
- RAFAC will not transfer your personal data to other countries.
- How long do you keep my personal data?
- We will only retain your data for as long as we have a need to retain it. As soon as there is no need, we will delete the data. However, at present The Independent Enquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA) which is a government led investigation requires us to retain all information. This is held securely.
- What rights do I have?
- The right to be informed. Individuals have the right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data. This is a key transparency requirement under the GDPR.
- The right of access. Individuals have the right to access their personal data and supplementary information.
- The right to rectification. The GDPR includes a right for individuals to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete.
- The right to erasure. The GDPR introduces a right for individuals to have personal data erased. The right to erasure is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’. Individuals can make a request for erasure verbally or in writing.
- The right to restrict processing. Individuals have the right to request the restriction or suppression of their personal data. This is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances.
- The right to data portability. The right to data portability allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purpose across different services.
- The right to object. Individuals have the right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling); direct marketing (including profiling); and processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- How do I complain if I am not happy?
If you are unhappy with how any aspect of this privacy notice, or how your personal information is being processed, please contact Department Data Protection Advisor at:
Data Protection Advisor
Tel 01400 267288
If you are still not happy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Officer (DPO):
Data Protection Officer
Room 25 Gauntlet Block
RAF High Wycombe
Tel 01494 497990
If you are still not happy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113